Casinos will require you to play through the value of your bonus, or free spin win, a certain number of times.
Essentially, they will apply a 30 to 70 multiplier to:
- the amount of bonus credits you have received, or
- the amount you have won with free spins, or
- the total sum of your match bonus and its qualifying deposit.
Let us demonstrate how wagering requirements work by comparing two of our recommended offers:
777 Casino offers 77 Welcome Spins on sign up.
Let us assume you claim these Welcome Spins and win £50. 777 Casino will now apply its 30x wagering requirement to the amount you have won:
£50 winnings x 30x wagering requirement = You have to play £1500 to convert your bonus to real cash.
Claim Your Bonus at 777 Casino
77 Welcome Spins on multiple games incl All Slots Games
If you look at the second example, you can see that 888Ladies applies a 2x wagering requirement to its no deposit bonus. In this case, you will only have to play £1776 to convert your bonus to real money.
(£888 bonus x a 2x wagering requirement = £1776 to wager).
Claim Your Bonus at 888Ladies
£888 No Deposit Bonus on multiple games incl 75 Ball Bingo
Wagering Requirements for Deposit Offers
When you are looking for deposit offers, you must be extra cautious as some casinos apply wagering requirements to both your bonus and its qualifying deposit.
This means that the wagering requirement will be applied to a larger sum, and consequently, it also becomes much harder to complete. Therefore, you should ideally choose bonuses that only have a wagering requirement applied to the bonus sum.
However, sometimes you might be willing to trade more favourable wagering requirements for a bigger bonus. The important thing is that you understand the difference and that you always make an informed decision before you claim your bonus.
Look at these two hypothetical examples to see how differences in a wagering requirement’s application impact on your chances of converting a bonus to real money:
- You receive a 100% bonus up to $100.
- The Wagering requirement: x30 only applied to the bonus.
- You deposit $100 to claim the full bonus, which leaves you with $100 in your cash balance and $100 bonus. The casino now applies the wagering requirement to the bonus sum.
- $100 bonus x 30x wagering requirement = $3,000 to wager.
Let us now use the same example and change the wagering requirement:
- You receive 100% bonus up to $100.
- Wagering requirement: x30 applied to the bonus and its qualifying deposit.
- You deposit $100 to claim the full bonus, which leaves you with $100 in your cash balance and $100 bonus. The casino now applies the wagering requirement to both the bonus sum and your deposit:
- $100 bonus + $100 deposit = $200 x a 30x wagering requirement = $6,000 to wager.