Bonus Hunting the No Deposit Bonus Way
One of the biggest motivations for players to sign up with online casinos is the range of bonuses they offer, especially the no deposit bonus or the casino free spins bonus. While bonuses offer a great opportunity to players to boost their bankroll and have a fun and rewarding game experience, there are players who attempt to make long-term profits with the bonuses by engaging in bonus hunting. We will explain here how it all works.
Bonus Hunting Then and Now
In the early years of the online casino, bonus hunting was not all that difficult. Casinos offered big bonuses with low wagering requirements and easy-to-fulfil terms and conditions. This made it easy for players to use the bonuses, score profitable wins and cash out with minimum fuss.
That has changed today. Casinos have in place adequate measures to ensure players cannot make big profits using the bonuses they offer. One way of ensuring that has been to bolster the wagering requirements and other terms and conditions relating to a bonus strong to withstand any attempt at bonus hunting by a player.
There are other countermeasures that casinos have taken. These include:
- Lowering the wagering requirements for games with a high RTP.
- Increasing the wagering requirements for isolated bonuses. For such bonuses the wagering requirements were raised to over 40x. For bonuses that were attached to an original bonus the wagering requirements were raised to a minimum of 25x.
- Banning any form of low-risk betting.
As a result of the stringent measures that casinos have in place now, bonus hunting is based on high volatility. This means you need a sizeable bankroll to be able to indulge in it, as you would need to spend huge amounts of time and money, aggressive gameplay and the ability to zero in on the right slot, usually one with a high degree of variance. There are chances that your aggressive play may result in a severe losing streak, which is why you must have the luxury of a big bankroll to tide you over.
However, there are still ways open for players to go bonus hunting, and one of the bonuses that you can do for this is the no deposit bonus.
All About the No Deposit Bonus
The no deposit bonus is a fantastic bonus that casinos offer new players. As the name suggests this is a bonus that doesn’t need a deposit for you to claim it. It is available the moment you sign up with the casino offering it, even before you make your first deposit. That is why it is so popular among players across the world.
Casinos use no deposit bonuses as an effective marketing strategy to attract new players. The fact that you get to use this bonus even without depositing money into your account is one of the biggest talking points for this bonus. Not every online casino offers a no deposit bonus, however; you get this bonus at select casinos only.
Types of No Deposit Bonuses
There are different types of no deposit bonuses that casinos offer players.
No deposit cash/casino credits
No deposit cash or casino credits are just what the term suggests: a cash bonus or a casino credit that you are offered when you sign up with the online casino that offers it. The bonus amount is not too big, usually anywhere between R50 and R300. At some casinos the no deposit cash bonus is credited into your account automatically once you sign up. At some others you can claim the bonus only by providing the required bonus code.
No deposit free spins
No deposit free spins are the second kind of free bonus available to South African players. Once you open an account with the casino, you find a specific number of free spins available for you to use. You can use the free spins to play the games covered by the promotion. With this bonus you get anywhere between 10 and 30 free spins to play the games covered by it. This bonus too is either automatically available once you open an account or accessible by using the correct bonus code.
No deposit free play
There is another kind of no deposit bonus that South African players somehow doesn’t have access to. This is the no deposit with time bonus. The way this bonus works is almost the same as the no deposit bonus, except that you have to spend the casino credits or cash offered within a specific period of time. The standard time period in which to finish the bonus amount – cash or free spins – is about 60 minutes.
For instance, a casino may offer a no deposit with cash bonus of R4000 that you must spend within 60 minutes.
No Deposit Bonuses: What You Can Do with Them
There are a number of things that you can do with a no deposit bonus, regardless of which one it is. We list the most important ones for you here. With a no deposit bonus you can:
- Try out your favorite games in real money mode, without spending a penny for it.
- Feel out the different games, learn the way they work and try out their features.
- Boost your bankroll for free.
- Keep a portion of your winnings from the bonus.
Using a No Deposit Bonus
No deposit bonuses are easy to use. But, to use a bonus first you must know how to claim it. We list for you here the steps for you here:
- Register a real money account with the casino offering the bonus.
- Choose a username and a password for your account.
- Enter all the personal data that the casino asks for in the space provided.
- Click Submit to complete the registration process. The casino will then send a link to your mailbox that you will need to open to confirm your membership.
- At some casinos you will need to inform them about your willingness or otherwise to use the no deposit bonus.
- Log in to the casino using your new account credentials.
- Visit the casino’s Cashier section and click the no deposit bonus offer shown to activate it.
- If the casino requires a coupon code to let you claim the bonus, enter the appropriate code in the space provided.
- The bonus is now yours to use.
There are conditions to using the no deposit bonus. You must fulfil the wagering requirements attached to the bonus to be able to redeem winnings earned with it. There is usually a cap on the maximum amount you can cash out from your winnings with this bonus. Also, many casinos require you to make a minimum qualifying deposit to be able to claim winnings from this bonus. In that sense, the no deposit bonus is not exactly a completely free bonus. You do pay for it.
To sum it all up, bonus hunting is still possible despite the stringent measures that online casinos have in place to prevent it. A good way of doing it is through the no deposit bonus. This bonus form gives you a shot at some real money, which is just enough for a good time.