What Can Be Considered Good Bonus Terms and Conditions
Online casino bonuses such as no deposit casino bonus codes are not free funds to take home. They are offered so that you play for some length at the online casino. To achieve this end a number of terms and conditions are stipulated, sometimes in fine print. If you choose well you may end up with real cash that you can withdraw. You would need a little bit of luck as well. In any event, you would have enjoyed some fascinating online casino games without spending your own money.
Online casino bonuses have a number of terms and conditions. We have listed below the more important ones and have analysed their pros and cons. This will help you decide which bonuses are best for your online gaming objectives.
Wagering Requirements For Bonuses
Understanding Wagering Requirements
- This is the most important bonus condition and unfortunately the most misunderstood.
- Wagering requirements ensure that players use the bonus for playing at the casino.
- Wagering requirements are calculated as follows for the given example:
- Deposit amount = $100
- 100% bonus amount = $100
- Wagering requirement = 20 times the deposit and bonus
- Total amount to be wagered = 20 x (100 + 100) = $4,000
- This means that you have to keep winning from playing the bonus till you wager at least $4,000.
- If you exhaust your bonus before you can meet the wagering requirement then you do not get any monetary benefit from the bonus.
- If you succeed in meeting the wagering requirement then the amount in excess of the bonus is your winnings.
- The winnings will be transferred to your cash balance subject to the maximum limit imposed by the online casino.
What are good wagering requirements?
- Obviously smaller wagering requirements are better, the other bonus terms and conditions being the same.
- However, the other conditions are rarely the same, as will be seen later.
- When you claim a bonus you should be aware that you will not always end up with a cash benefit. But you will generally not lose anything by claiming a bonus.
Game Contributions For Wagering Requirements
- There are a number of different games categories at online casinos like slots, table games and video poker.
- All games categories do not contribute equally to wagering requirements.
- Almost always slots will contribute 100% towards wagering requirements. This means that the wagering requirements as calculated above do not get inflated.
- Most other game categories contribute less than 100%.
- If you wager the bonus on a category that contributes 50% then you effectively double the amount of the wagering requirement.
It is a no brainer that wagering requirements should be met on slot machines or other categories that contribute 100%.
Time To Complete Wagering Requirements
- You do not have all the time in the world to complete the wagering requirements.
- The online casinos usually give players from a few days to a few weeks.
- The main factor in specifying the time limit is the bonus amount that can be claimed.
- If the wagering requirements are not met within the stipulated time the bonus usually expires and the wagering done till then comes to nought.
If you are sure that you will not be able to meet the wagering requirements in the given time then do not claim that bonus.
No Deposit Bonus Versus Deposit Bonus
No Deposit Bonus
- In a no deposit bonus the online casino offers you a bonus without asking you to make a deposit.
- Obviously this is better than your having to make a deposit, because you are not using any of your funds.
- However, there are some drawbacks to no deposit bonuses.
- No deposit bonuses are much smaller than deposit bonuses. You are unlikely to find may no deposit bonuses upwards of $20.
- No deposit bonus will have much higher wagering requirements. This is partly because the wagering requirements are a multiple of only the bonus.
- You will first have to make a deposit before you can claim the bonus.
- Deposit bonuses are usually specified as a percent of the deposit with a maximum limit to the bonus.
- These bonus conditions also specify a minimum eligibility deposit. Normally these would be in the region of $10 to $50.
- The wagering requirements are usually a multiple of the deposit and the bonus.
- There are high roller deposit bonuses running to few thousand dollars that may have threshold deposit requirements of $500 plus.
Non-Redeemable Bonus Versus Redeemable Bonus
- In this case the bonus cannot be cashed out after you complete the wagering requirements.
- Only the eligible winnings from the bonus can be cashed out.
- The bonus amount will be removed from the bonus balance.
- Most online casino bonuses will be of the non-redeemable type.
- In this case the bonus and the eligible winnings can be cashed out after completing the wagering requirements.
- The bonus amounts are usually smaller and wagering requirements are larger as compared to non-redeemable bonuses.
If you get a redeemable bonus then grab it with both hands.
In most cases bonus conditions are not good or bad in an absolute sense. They are favourable or unfavourable to a player’s style and objectives. You need to pick the bonuses that are suitable for you and avoid bonuses that are not.
Published on: 2019/04/02